Monday, December 10, 2012

Communication

I really do think this may become a regular thing... Now all I need are readers.....

I saw that my blog got viewed today... by someone in China. (If you're still reading this than great! But I'm not sure how someone found it all the way over there....)

I know this may sound silly, but I really do think that phones should have Meme buttons. Or at least Meme attachments or emoticons. Because sometimes when I read a text, a Meme pops into my head and it's all I want to send back to the sender instead of an actual answer.

I have no idea how the little pictures and comics were created and thought up, but they really are genious. They are the epitome of raw reation and capture it beautifully. (Most of the time, anyway....)

But on the other hand, if I feel that a picture is an adequete response to a text, then it just shows the downward progression of communication as a whole. We've gone from person to person communication, to hand-written letters,  to over-the-phone, to text, to email, IM, and now I just want to respond with a picture instead of actual words.
If you think about that, and then think about what our generation's children will grow up with, it really is a sad thing. We grew up with the basic telephone (landline) and as we grew up, cell phones became more and more popuar.

Now children are literally growing up in front of touch screens and electronics, and it's almost scary. They won't get the social skills needed if they learn to communicate primarily through technology.

I'm not saying that technology is a bad thing. I'm just pointing out that it's becomming more and more awkward to actually call someone on the phone. How sad is it, that when you call a friend they answer in a worried voice because to them, the only way you would be calling them is because it was to urgent to just text them or send them a message over Facebook? Ease of communication in a sense is increasing, but on the other hand, is getting a lot worse.

Lots to think about...

Anyway,

Until next time imaginary readers!

~Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment